Sunday, September 25, 2011

Paneuropean Mk.III & -B, Pt.3

I know, I know. I said the last variation of the Mk.III-B would be the last variation of the Mk.III-B. However, I had a few responses on the OGRE Forums that made me think. The first was from NOrthy who said, " the shape just feels a little 'top-heavy'. If the lower parts of the double-fin were smaller and more like short support struts while the upper portion was larger and closer to the original single pylon it'd feel more balanced. Some shape to the platform might be nice too, more trapezoid in nature to help the front 'flow' into the back while still being somewhat angular."  That sounded a lot more like what I wanted. So instead of using the bottom portion of the towers, I used the tops. This had a shorter profile with a more delicate structure. (If you can actually use the term more delicate to describe an OGRE.) I was getting closer.





Then 'ladue' pointed out that the Paneuropean Fencer and Doppelsoldner didn't have towers at all, and suggested a much lower and subtle approach. That made the most sense of all. This is what I came up with.





Maybe it's more Oriental than European, but I like it. Let me know what you think. Don

No comments:

Post a Comment